#GoTheDist 2013 Theme

In the #GoTheDist 2013 announcement post I didn't include 2 things:  (1) a graphic (2) a theme.  People have asked me about both.  Truth is that I was so distracted by my injury/surgery, that I failed to come up with these two things.  I've corrected my lapse: 

Image at:  http://bit.ly/ViJS8U
Truth is that I didn't look far for this theme.  Everyone has been joking about me being bionic now.  If you know a little TV history about the Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman and the tag line "We can rebuild him...we have the technology." 

To a degree we're all trying to rebuild -- we're trying to change the habits that didn't do us any favors, we're trying to recover from injuries, we're trying to be better today than we were yesterday.  And we all have the technology at our fingertips.  We have the knowledge and support that will make the changes possible.

I would love how to hear how you interpret this theme for yourself....

It also reminds me of my family motto -- which i'd love to share with you all: 

11 comments

I'm trying to rebuild my endurance and cardio strength. Used to run a 6 minute mile, that's dipped to about 8 minutes the past year. Gotta get that back!

Reply

Do you leave a vapor trail as you fly by people?

Reply

Occasionally, but only when I break the sound barrier.

Reply

You know, it's ironic that most - if not all - of us are broken in some ways. Some physically, some mentally, some emotionally. I'm trying to rebuild my inner core. That has been broken & fractured the last few months.

Reply

Kelly -- I've actually updated the post because you reminded me of something. So long as we don't give up, there's always a chance of improvement.

Reply

Rebuilding me means taking off the fat and putting on the muscle, knocking down the mental walls and building up the strengths and what I can do.

Reply

I'm rebuilding my insides... how I think, how I feel, how I re-frame... and everything on the outside will follow.

Reply

I think I'm focused primarily on rebuilding my broken self-image... Actually, I think I'm really building it new from scratch by remaking my body with the tools of the mind I've learned to use in the past year or so.

Love love love the graphic!

Reply

I love the theme and graphic. My word of the year is BODY. And this is perfect!

Reply

I'm going to rebuild my belief in myself, and look for some other new "construction" from me, in the coming year, as well!

Reply

Oh, and I need to start using my new Google account for stuff, too!

Reply

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.
I'll do my very best to respond to it in a timely manner!
<3 Robby